Honeymoons are an interesting thing. They tend to be filled with fanny packs, pina coladas, and sun burn. At least this is the vision in my head.
Mine will be very different.
That’s right Ladies and Gentlemen….the husband and I will be traveling to the far off land called New York.
I’m actually stoked. As a teenager I used to tell my parents I was going to NYU because I wanted to get as far away as possible.
On our list of To Dos:
1) Watch a Broadway Show. I’m sorry husband of mine…it won’t be Cats. I’m aware Mr. Mistoffelees and Rum Tum Tugger will be deeply disappointed.
2) Watch a Death Cab for Cutie concert at Beacon Theater. Ben Gibbard will thoroughly depress us in this acoustic gem of a venue.
3) Take a copious amount of pictures at The Statue of Liberty
4) Skip in Central Park while wearing a fun Spring dress (me, not Mike)
5) Sit at a sidewalk cafe, have coffee, and read The New York Times
6) And lastly, visit Times Square. Maybe I’ll get a glimpse of the old TRL studio. Don’t worry Carson, you’re stint on The Voice doesn’t make you seem old or out of touch at all.
Our Do Not Do List is a bit shorter and less specific:
1) Do not get mugged, raped, or murdered
2) Do not get bed bugs
3) Do not get swindled into buying fake Rolex watches on the sidewalk
I’m thinking Mike and I will have a blast. Mike will appreciate New York for all of it’s historical significance, and I’ll be beaming from ear to ear knowing Kevin McCallister once roamed the streets.
Subways and Cabs,